Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Bangkok


Bangkok!!! Its the city of Gold and of Golden People. I had never thought I would end up here, although I am technically planning to spend only a year here and then go back to grad school in the States.

I have to admit, its usually first impression that counts. I have been in BKK for more than two weeks now but everyday becomes a new first impression for me. My first impression was that of the airport. This might sound funny but the thing that fascinated me there was the escalator. I had never before seen a slanted escalator that could be used to drag the luggages so smoothly unlike the ones at other airports. Another great thing is here accommodation, I have been staying in a guest house for about $12/night with free wifi, AC and cleaning services.

One thing that I could avoid noticing is all these Thai girls with white guys. It is fun sometimes to jut sit outside a restaurant and start counting those couples. Food is another thing that is cheap here. For about $5 you can have a great meal. Thai people are always polite and helpful except for two instances, my experience with them have been pleasant. So I was looking for apartments and twice the owners sold their apartments to someone else without even notifying me although they had promised to talk to me first (as I was the first customer).

No comments:

Post a Comment